If you’ve already experienced storm damage to your home, it’s important to take steps to prepare for the next storm. Here are some tips to help you prepare your home for a storm even if you have storm damage already.
1. Check your roof. If your roof has been damaged by a storm, it’s important to inspect it for any further damage. Look for missing or damaged shingles, loose flashing, or any other signs of damage. If you find any, call a roofing contractor to repair it before the next storm.
2. Clear your gutters. Clogged gutters can cause water to back up and cause further damage to your home. Make sure to clean out your gutters and downspouts before the next storm.
3. Trim trees and shrubs. Overgrown trees and shrubs can cause damage to your home during a storm. Make sure to trim them back to reduce the risk of damage.
4. Secure outdoor furniture. Make sure to secure any outdoor furniture or other items that could be blown away during a storm.
5. Install storm shutters. If you don’t already have storm shutters, consider installing them. Storm shutters can help protect your windows from flying debris and wind-driven rain.
6. Check your insurance coverage. Make sure your insurance coverage is up to date and that you have enough coverage to cover any potential storm damage. By taking these steps, you can help protect your home from further storm damage.
Remember, it’s always better to be prepared than to be caught off guard.